Our mission is to provide safe, convenient, and affordable housing for MSU students. We offer a variety of units, all with features designed to make you feel "at home" while you pursue your education. Our leases are tailored to the semester program at MSU, with termination dates generally ending in May, July (summer school) and December. Except for our downtown lofts, all our properties are within a few blocks west of campus, thus making it easy to walk or bicycle to school.
Our staff make regular walk-
For many students, renting from Graham Properties is their first time living away from home and/or living off-
1) Sign a lease. Make certain all your questions are answered in advance and key issues put in writing. An oral lease is legal in Missouri, but a written one should be your preference.
2) Utilities. We do not offer rentals with utilities included. Renters are expected to contact City Utilities and place utilities in their name prior to moving into the unit. You can link to City Utilities’ site here: http://www.cityutilities.net/mobile/
3) "Normal wear and tear" is acceptable, but if you’re concerned about the move-
4) Deductions are allowed when refunding a Security Deposit such as carpet cleaning, repairs, fees, trash and debris disposal, etc. If you leave an apartment in "a good and clean" condition, you should receive all of your deposit back, less specified deductions known in advance.
5) Last months' rent You are not allowed to pay last month's rent with the Security Deposit, unless your Landlord agrees in advance to your doing so (Most landlords do not).
6) Eviction. A Landlord may evict a tenant for cause, such as failure to pay rent when due, causing damage to the premises, involvement in criminal activity, etc. A court ordered eviction and claims for rent and/or for damages generally will be included in a credit report history, and will remain on it for seven (7) years. This is a rare occurrence in our rentals as most of our student renters are very responsible.
7) Substitution of tenants/subletting. Missouri law does not allow tenants to sub-
8) Membership. Our organization is a member of the Springfield Apartment and Housing Association. You can link to their site here: http://www.springfieldhousing.net
9) Links. There are a number of organizations and attractions in Springfield which we think will be of interest to our renters. Please visit our Links Page for a complete list.
Thank you for your interest in Graham Properties.
Please contact us if you have any further questions or comments.